At MarketTraq, we make it a priority to find the most effective email practices for producing client revenue. The following is a list of our best tips. Enjoy.
1. Make sure your email offers the subscriber value. Answer the question, “What’s in it for me?” Focus on what you’re offering them, not on what you’re telling them.
2. Make sure your email is anticipated. Are your subscribers expecting your email? If so, what frequency and which format (HTML/text)?
3. Make sure your email is relevant. Does it answer the question… “Who cares?” customize email content, imagery, and copy with dynamic content automation.
4. Establish the goals for the email. Is it direct response, communication or branding?
5. Increase list responsiveness with real-time alerts. This includes: breaking news, price changes, and product availability. These outperform regularly.
6. If your subscriber says it’s spam, it’s spam. Concurrently, if your subscribers respond favorably, it’s not spam.
7. Try a testimonial in your next email. Testimonials bolster credibility.
8. Benchmark! Measure goals against historical benchmarks for a comparable email. A 10% open rate is great if the benchmark is 3%, and is dismal if your benchmarks is 40%.
9.The Federal CAN-SPAM act does not cover transactional emails, i.e. customer service emails, automatic receipts, etc.
10. Maintain a global unsubscribe and a list-level subscribe. Complete unsubscribes rapidly and within 24 hours or less.
11. A growing list is a fresh list; a fresh list is a responsive list. Acquire name from organic search paid search, co-registration, and list-append.
12. Monitor mail frequency. Frequency may be too high when your unsubscribe rate increases, or performance steadily declines.
13. Revisit the top 4 factors in email campaign performance:subject line, offer, creative, and landing page. A perfectly targeted email with brilliant creative and a killer offer-still fails on a bad landing page.
14. Triggered emails require no effort and have high response rates. Triggered emails on birthdays, anniversaries, and loyalty measures (sign up, tenure, total customer value).
15. Use an email series to educate and persuade. A series is a stream of emails on a pre-determined timeline and with a specific focus.
16. Refresh periodically with list-append. Add email as a communication channel to existing postal or phone-only customers.
17. Grow your list with a contest. Use a popular product/strong seller as the incentive. Optimize the call-to-action on your site. List your contest on sweepstakes websites.
18. Use personalization in the body and the subject line. Lift response and increase deliverability. Content filters look for duplicate content across many emails.
19. Test, test, test! When you split-test on subject line, creative, and offer, you dramatically improve response.
20. Need more tips? Call us at 877-22-EMAIL